A student of 关注 is any student who is displaying behaviors that may get in the way of a student’s ability to be successful in the University environment. For more information or questions please contact Dean of Students 苏奥德利 at (540)-545-7399 or Director of Student Conduct and Community Standards 马修的外套 at (540) 535-3502.
To report a student of 关注 please complete the ‘学生的关注 On-line Form’ found below, which will be directed to an appropriate member of our Care Team. 的同学, 家庭成员, faculty and staff can play an invaluable role in helping students who are in distress. 你的兴趣表达, 关注, and compassion is an important factor toward a student seeking the assistance they need. If immediate assistance is needed because of a threat to themselves or someone’s safety, call the police by dialing 911. On-campus situations contact the Department of Campus 安全 at 540-678-4444 or dial extension 4444 from any campus phone.
Once a 学生的关注 Report is filed, it is sent to the 护理团队 for review. The Case Manager will contact the individual who filed the report confirm their report has been received and that steps are being taken to help support the student. The CARE team will discuss potential resources and outreach. 在某些情况下, the Case Manager may reach out directly to the student of 关注 to assess what resources would be beneficial to the student and collaboratively develop an action plan with the student to reduce obstacles to their success at Shenandoah. Depending upon the circumstances, the referring person may not receive specific information about the student’s action plan.
The mission of the 护理团队 is to coordinate the support services of 谢南多厄河谷大学 in order to provide assistance to students that may be experiencing some potentially harmful or disturbing behaviors and promote academic success and safety through an appropriate, 及时的, 和关怀反应.
- Provide a safe physical environment for members of the university community.
- Provide a safe emotional environment for the university community.
- Promote peace of mind for friends and family of the university community.
Assistant VP for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Director of Student Conduct and Community Standards
Director of Student Support 服务
Director of the 咨询中心
Executive Director, Academic Advising, Transition, and Progression
- Student that is constantly falling asleep in class
- A dramatic change in energy level (high and low)
- Changes in poor hygiene or appearance
- Significant changes in weight
- Frequent state of alcohol intoxication
- Potential self-harm: noticeable cuts, bruises or burns on a student
- Repeated absences from class, work study, or normal activities
- Apathy/ extreme change in participation levels
- Student seeking frequent extensions or exceptions for extenuating circumstances
- Student sending communication such as frequent, 冗长的, “ranting” or agitated types of emails to professors, 顾问, 教练, 或工作的主管
- Emotional outbursts (anger or hostility, frequent crying)
- Extreme personality changes; more withdrawn or more animated than usual
- Expressed hopelessness, fear or worthlessness; themes of suicide, death and dying
- Direct statements related to distress, family issues, or other difficulties
- Food insecurity or lack of housing
- Interferes with or disrupts the educational process and rights of other students or the normal functions of the University
- Demanding, verbally abusive, bullying or intimidating behaviors
- Displays of extreme irritability
- Irrational or impulsive behaviors
- Physical/verbal confrontations
- Direct threats of harming self or others
- Concerns about references to access or use of a weapon or act of violence